How best to replace missing teeth is an important decision. Your dentist may refer you to a dental specialist for additional care. Here are some of the dental specialists who may be called upon:

  • Prosthodontist — restoration and replacement of teeth
  • Oral and maxillofacial surgeon — dental surgery and treatment of the entire oral cavity, including neck and face
  • Periodontist — treats periodontal (gum) diseases

Talk to your dentist. He or she can answer your questions and help you decide which option will work best for you: implants, a fixed bridge or removable partial denture.